Foofaraw 24-hr Film Challenge
Friday, October 4th - 6pm*
- Rules and Regulations -
Terms and Conditions for participating at the 24-hour film challenge and screening at Side Street Studio Arts, aka “organizers of the Festival.”
1. The Foofaraw Committee invites and selects the filmmakers as teams or individuals, to participate in the 24-hour film challenge after the submission deadline. Each team invited to be part of the official selection by the Foofaraw Committee will receive a Certificate of Participation.
2. Only films that meet the following criteria may be chosen for screening at the official Foofaraw 24-hr Challenge:
*****Films that have been produced during the allocated 24 hours as specified by the festival organizers, either onsite or off. Offsite productions/digital submissions adhere to the same challenge rules as onsite productions.
ii) Films must fulfill all requirements as instructed by the festival challenge administrators. Offsite productions must be submitted online by Saturday, October 5th at 6pm.
3. Throughout the duration of the Festival, none of the films invited may be shown outside the Festival’s official theatre before its official screening.
4. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
5. The Foofaraw Committee selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
6. The jury is obliged to award for the best film, 1st runner up, and 2nd runner up.
7. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be delivered in person or online by the specified time. Films delivered after the specified time will not be accepted.
8. All films must be submitted in digital file format. The festival will not be responsible and will reject or withdraw faulty files, and it is the duty of the participant to make sure the files are checked for quality of delivery.
9. The producer, confirms that all release agreements for the submission, including music rights, are in place and will take full responsibility for any matters arising from its broadcast.
10. All submitted films must carry the logos of Side Street Studio Arts in their credits.
11. The festival does not accept liability for any technical failures for ONLINE submissions, however in certain conditions application for extension of time could be considered by the festival director.
12. Registration fees: The registration fee entitles the team to register and participate for the challenge. This applies to the whole team and allows all members of the team to attend the screenings of the 24-hour film challenge at the festival or online.
Standard Registration - $50 until Saturday, September 28th at 5pm.
Late Registration - $75 until Friday, October 4th at 5pm.
All payments must be made online via the PayPal submission section, or through PayPal Here at the time of registration. The festival shall decline registering any application which does not include its fees.
The registration fees are non-refundable.
13.The Foofaraw 24-hour film festival is organized by Side Street Studio Arts, NFP, and holds the right to refuse any individual and/or team of filmmakers access or acceptance to the Festival at any time.
14. SSSA has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
15. Participation in the Foofaraw 24-Hour Film Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore, by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
[You / The Company] hereby grant(s) Side Street Studio Arts permission to screen the film during the Festival, other associated promotional events, and use for marketing online. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Film Festival.
[You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
The film contains no material which is obscene, libelous or defamatory.
[You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
[You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
[You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
[You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations Of the 2019 Foofaraw Festival.
[You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations 2019 of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
[You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organizers of the Festival a non exclusive license to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that the organizers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sum to any accepted filmmaker(s) other than the winning films.
[You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
[You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
[You / The Company / All Participating individuals must sign an artist liability waiver prior to the beginning of festival film production.